Viewflow is the workflow library based on BPMN concepts. BPMN - Business process modeling and notations - is the widely adopted industry standard for business process modeling. BPMN provides a standard notation readily understandable by all business stakeholders. Viewflow bridges the gap between picture and executable, ready to use web application.
After more than ten years history of the BPMN standard, it contains the whole set of battle-proven primitives for all occasions and helps you to describe all real life business process scenarios. Viewflow assists you in building a BPMN diagram in code and keep business logic separate from django forms and views code.
Viewflow suite has a modular design, and you can use viewflow core library itself, or accompanied with pre-built UI frontend.
django-viewflow works with Python 2.7 and Python 3.4 or greater, django 1.8/1.9/1.10/1.11:
pip install django-viewflow
pip install django-viewflow-pro --extra-index-url https://pypi.viewflow.io/<licence_id>/simple/
To install from requirements.txt, the following statment could be added on top of the file:
3rd party documentation¶
You may also interest in the documentation for underline components of the Viewflow and Django-Material
- Django - The web framework for perfectionist with deadlines
- Django Filters - reusable application allows users to filter down a queryset
- Django Rest Framework - the powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs.
- Materialize - The modern responsive front-end framework based on Material Design
- Turbolinks - The simple library makes navigating your web application faster
- Datatables - Advanced interaction controls for any HTML table
Read more about BPMN and Workflow
Table of Contents¶
- Quick start
- Core concepts
- Viewflow Flow
- Viewflow Frontend
- Material Forms
- Material Admin
- Material Frontend
- 3rd party integration
Viewflow is an Open Source project licensed under the terms of the AGPL - The GNU Affero General Public License v3.0